Q. WHAT IS THIS SERVICE?
* Helping Hands provide Superb Dog walking Services for clients in and around Gateshead and Newcastle - Upon - Tyne. Our walks are a fun, safe experience for your dog with a uniformed professional Dog Walker. Helping Hands Dog Walking Service can be booked at very short notice, If a client has a last minute rush into work they can book their service an hour before their Pet needs walking ! If you work shifts and need an early morning or teatime walk just ask ! We walk in small groups, each of our dog walkers are insured to walk up to 6 dogs at once. This service gives your dog the exercise they need, a wonderful social life and company for when you cant be there. Helping Hands Dog walking Service is available 7 days a week inclucing Easter, Christmas and New Years Day.
Q. IS THIS SERVICE EASY TO ARRANGE?
* Yes it is, you can phone or email to arrange a free no obligation consultation at your convenience. Helping Hands founder Dawn Lister- Jarret, will come to your home for a friendly chat and to meet you and your dog. Dawn will go through all your requirements and then your ready to use the service !
Q. HOW DO YOU TRANSPORT MY PET AND HOW MANY DOGS DO THEY WALK WITH ?
* Helping Hands dont use vans with cages to transport your pet instead we have your dog safely secured on their seat or the back of the vehicle. Your dog will be happy to look out the window and watch the world go by as they travel to the walking destination. Your Dog Walker will bring along suitable buddies for your pet to play and socialise with. Regular clients of our Dog Walking Service have exclusive use of out Pet Taxi Services
Q. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE MY DOG OUT?
* The service we provide is hourly. We collect your dog and take him / her on a short enjoyable journey each day to different and interesting locations such as woodland and riverside walks and also to local parks. We have many different natured dogs on the service from excitable energetic labradors and springers who adore to run in the fields and woods to very timid and nervous dogs who would find woodland and countryside sounds and smells overwhelming so we take them on calm walks in local parks, whatever your dogs personality they can go on a walk that suits them, fully supervised by your experienced Helping Hands Dog Walker. When your dog is dropped back off at home your Dog Walker will settle them and leave you a note about the days events and update you with anything important .
Q. DO YOU PROVIDE ANY TRAINING FOR MY DOG?
* Yes, every puppy and dog that joins Helping Hands Dog Walking Service is taught the basic commands that we use. We teach them to sit in the car, to listen and behave when out on their walks. We make sure they have excellent recall before letting them off their lead ( with owners permission ).
Q. HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK CAN I BOOK ?
* Helping Hands provide 3 types of service for regular clients.. ( sorry we dont provide one- off or occasional Dog Walking Services )....
* Your Dog can block book MONDAY TO FRIDAY each week. Clients using this service dont have to pay the higher premiums for any weekend walks. Minimum of 1 walk per week required.
* We also have our very popular 2 DAYS PLUS, this is an ideal service for clients who work shifts or part-time and need to pop into work on various or ramdom days each week. Helping Hands strive to make our service as flexible as possible and our clients can text, phone or email on the same day to arrange a walk for that last minute dash into work. Minimum of 1 walk per week required.
* We also have INDIVIDUAL dog walking services. This is for Dogs who cant be walked with other dogs at all and are unhappy to be approached by any dog it may come across. Clients can book this one to one service just the same way as our other dog walking packages and still have the flexibility they require. minimum of 1 walk per week required.
Q. WHAT IF MY DOG IS IN SEASON ?
* Helping Hands dont penalise you or make a fuss when your pet is in heat our service is about adaptability. We simply walk your pet around their own area or make a home visit.
Q. DO I NEED TO PROVIDE ANYTHING?
* No, Helping Hands provide all the poop bags and when we drop your dog off after their walk we refresh their water and give them a treat ( If allowed ) then settle them so they are rested and happy for when you get home.
Q. HOW MUCH DOES THIS SERVICE COST?
* Helping Hands charge £10 per walk for clients having small group walks . Dogs requiring a one to one individual walk the fee is £20. Fee's for Dogs from the same family who are walked together are £10 for your 1st dog amd £6 per extra dog from the same household
Q. WHAT AREA'S DO YOU COVER?
Helping Hands provide this service in the following area's ......
* GATESHEAD.... All Gateshead Central, Low Fell, Leam Lane, Pelaw, Wardley, Springwell Village, Kibblesworth, Lamesley, Lobley Hill, Dunston, Whickham.
* NEWCASTLE...Shieldfield, Sandyford, Jesmond, Kenton, Kingston Park, South and North Gosforth, High and Low Heaton, Newcastle Quayside.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
* All Dog Walking Fees are paid in advance, you can pay by Bank Transfer, Cheque or cash left out ready for collection on the first walk of each week.
* You must give 24 hours notice to cancel your booked walked or you will be charged your daily fee.
* Dog Walking Hours are from 10am until 3pm, 7 days a week. You can also have early morning or teatime walks just ask !
* Saturday is charged at the rate of time and half....Sunday is Double Time except for clients who book 3 walks or more each week.
* If on the day of your booked walk the weather conditions are to severe for normal walking, your pet will be visited to be given a toilet break, then your dogs following walk will be adjusted to make up for the lost time. Helping Hands prides itself for always getting to your pet whatever the weather!
* For insurance and safety purpose your dog will be walked on their lead until bonded with their walker and will only be let off with your permission and in a safe area. All dogs have to be up to date with vaccinations and flee treatments.
* Helping Hands are passionate about pets, we offer a dog walking service with good basic obedience commands therefore all dogs on the service have to be walkable, any unruly or aggressive dogs will be offered an individual walk as an alternative.